2 parcels: 17.8 & 25.8 acres rural farm land for sale, upstate NY
- Town of Sharon, 7 minutes drive East of downtown Sharon Springs, New York,( Schoharie county, NY).
- Rural location, private, quiet, country setting. 17.8 and 25.8 acres on seasonal road, 3 miles north of the
US Rt. 20 Sharon Tavern, on White Road. White Road is seasonal and the snow plow comes to these parcels in the winter, so they are accessible all year round.
- Parcels separated by White Road - available separately or together
- Great building sites. 25.8 acre parcel includes secluded "back field" with some views and privacy.
- Great location, near Cooperstown, Cobleskill, Albany Capital Area, Cherry Valley, Canajoharie, the Mohawk Valley and New York
State Thruway and other upstate NY attractions and vacation destinations.
Current Schoharie County, NY tax map showing contours. 5.12 has an active farm to the south. 5.11 is mostly bordered by vacant land. 5.11 Property to the South has a small structure and the land owner comes up occasionally from downstate. The properties were brush hogged 9 years ago and are now a bit overgrown again. Walking west onto 5.11, pass the power line, you come to wooded area and a clearing, then to the back field which is very private, protected on all sides by woods and would make a great retreat cabin or home site. The crest of that hill gives you western sunset view as well as sunrise view. There is a small S-N running stream through the wooded area near the clearing and seeps from springs a couple places along the southern border of 5.11. Also there is a ditch running WNWerly from the White road to an area just past the power line.
East of White Rd, 5.12 is basically flat field with a couple groves of locust trees (great for fence posts) and foundation of an old house in the SW corner can provide stones for other building projects.
From 2014 Schoharie County, NY Tax Roll:
- 6.-2-5.11 105 Vac farmland
COUNTY TAXABLE VALUE 25,800
SCHOOL TAXABLE VALUE 25,800
Ag dist #3
FULL MARKET VALUE $31,656
ASKING PRICE: $30,960. (1200/acre)
- 6.-2-5.12 323 Vacant rural
COUNTY TAXABLE VALUE 17,800
SCHOOL TAXABLE VALUE 17,800
Ag dist #3
FULL MARKET VALUE $21,840
ASKING PRICE: $21,360 (1200/acre)
- Both Parcels sold together: $47960 (1100/acre)
Photos/tax maps of Land for Sale
Average Temperature Rages:
Return to SharonSprings-RealEstate.com Home page